- Preliminary Schedule (subject to change): I’ve attached it to this message, and it can also be viewed at https://masmc2016.wordpress.com. Everyone’s request for talk vs. poster should have been accepted – if you have any questions let us know.
- Abstracts: These will be posted at https://masmc2016.wordpress.com very soon.
- Campus maps: You can download and print all kinds of campus maps from http://www.geog.psu.edu/print-campus-maps. I have also attached a map (above) that highlights the main venues you will need to find on your own.
- Weather: After a rainy Friday, pleasant weather is forecast for Saturday and Sunday, with highs in the mid-60s and lows in the low-40s.
- Friday arrivals: We do not have a formal activity planned for Friday, but let’s meet at Whiskers, the bar in the Nittany Lion Inn (NLI) on campus, at 6:30 PM for beer and food if you would like. It’s an upscale kind of bar with good food and drinks, with reasonable prices, and a mostly faculty/alumni crowd. There is a parking garage adjacent to the NLI; if you depart after 9 PM you usually don’t have to pay. Follow the signs to get there. NLI is a ~17 minute walk from Sleep Inn, and a similar walk from downtown.
- Saturday: We will meet in 208 Buckhout Lab at 8:30 AM (coffee and some light food) and be in Buckhout all day, except for those who wish to tour the Mushroom Research Center Saturday afternoon. Buckhout is in the middle of campus, a ~22 minute walk from Sleep Inn, ~15 minutes from downtown. Visitor parking should be available at the HUB parking deck on campus. You will be on your own for lunch but we’ve scheduled enough time to walk downtown.
- Saturday evening reception: The keynote address, given by longtime Friend of MASMC Cathie Aime, will be held at the Comfort Suites, which is right next door to the Sleep Inn. Dinner and drinks will be provided.
- Sunday morning foray: I thought it was going to be too late, but local reports suggest we might see some actual morels, if we get the rain that is forecast for Thursday and Friday. We will be heading to the Penn State Plant Pathology Farm at the Russel E. Larson Agricultural Research Center at Rock Springs, about 11 miles from campus. We will arrange carpooling on Saturday. We will bring bread, sandwich fixin’s, hummus, and chips, drinks and cookies.
- We will adjourn after the foray.